P3 Hand Held Windmeter with Thermometer
Item # E9350
Product DescriptionThis Wind Meter with thermometer measures wind strength and enables you to assess of the weather situation at your site. Wind strength is displayed in digital and quasi-analog form (extremely helpful for understanding short-term changes).
OverviewStationary wind meters have not always been available at all sites where they are needed, such as sites for flying model aircraft, para-gliding, sailing, surfing, and many other leisure activities. In addition to the excellent portability provided by its compact design and the innovative "packaging" of the wind wheel, the new ELV handheld wind meter permits not only determination of the wind strength, but also the complex assessment of the weather situation at the site. Short-term changes can be understood more quickly using the analog bar graph display rather than the digital display. The wind strength can be displayed in knots, km/h, miles/h, m/s, or Beaufort as desired, with temperature in °C or °F, or alternatively as a wind-chill equivalent ("sensed temperature") The latter display is very useful as it enable you to make a real evaluation of the heat loss of the human body when subject to wind, and therefore prevent hypothermia. In this respect operation of the hand-held device with only two large keys is especially simple. The protective cap that protects the wind wheel against damage in transport can also be used as a stand for the device when in operation, so that a firm and secure mounting is provided. For battery conservation the device has an automatic battery disconnect.
- Great for use when flying model aircraft, para-gliding, sailing, surfing, etc.
- Large LCD display
- LCD simultaneously displays the wind strength in digital and quasi-analog (bar graph) form, the maximum or average wind speed, the current temperature, and the maximum or minimum temperature
- Includes protective cap for wind wheel (cap can also be used as a stand)
- Automatic battery disconnect
- Requires 2 AAA batteries (not included)
- Celsius or Fahrenheit selectable
- Wind strength can be displayed in knots, km/h, miles/h, m/s
- Wind Strength range 0-124 mph
- Wind Resolution max 0.1 mph
- Accuracy +/- 5%
- Voltage supply 2 AAA batteries
- Temperature Range -4° to 150° F
- Temperature Resolution max 0.18° F
- Temperature Accuracy +/- 1K
Unavailable/discontinued items are listed below for your reference.