Product DescriptionULTRA-RELIABLE, EASY-TO-INSTALL UPB SWITCH!
Finally there is an ultra-reliable powerline carrier home control technology that is easy to install. Using a new digital protocol communicating over the powerline, Universal Powerline Bus (UPB) technology significantly improves the reliability of control applications in the home. UPB has been proven to be greater than 99.9% reliable, so you can install it and forget about it... without any unpleasant noise issues!
The US22 provides ultra-reliable control and energy saving timed-off control of new and existing lighting fixtures, lamps, fans and other electrical devices. Each unit has two dimmers that control two separate 600W loads. It can also transmit and receive lighting scene commands with other Universal Powerline Bus (UPB) switches, plug-in modules, fixture modules as well as any PC / security / home automation controller that provides a UPB serial driver option (see for a current listing) – to control virtually anything that connects to AC power anywhere in the home.
Face plate sold separately.
- Dual 600 Watt Load Controls
- Two independent 600W outputs
- Interchangeable ‘Universal' faceplate assemblies
- 78 faceplate options, 13 styles x 6 standard colors
- Change color and functionality in the field
- Higher flexibility / lower inventory costs
- Intuitive rocker/button action
- Adjustable (faster) response time and fade rate
- 200 dimming steps and Resume Dim
- Both ON/OFF and dimming capabilities
- Timer Function
- Automatically turns off load(s)
- 15 presets, locally or scene-link controlled
- Patented contoured heat sink
- Delivers cooler operation in high power applications
- Thinner depth profile allows easy installation
- Thermal overload protection
- Aesthetically pleasing Blue/Green Dual LED indicator
- Dedicated Remote Switch (Model USR) connections
- Provides inexpensive 3 or more-way control option
- Standard Faceplate Colors: White (W), Almond (A), Light Almond (LA), Ivory (I), Black (BK), Brown (BN)
|# of Dimmers inJ-box|
- FREE Download! UPStart Configuration Software, read more about the perfect tool to unlock all of the advanced features of your Universal Powerline Bus (UPB™) devices.
As always, we offer free technical support on all our products, so call us if you need help using this software! 1-888-843-9103
More InfoMore Information:
- NEW! UPB Home Control & Automation Manual
- The UPB System Detailed Description (Adobe PDF)
- X10 to UPB Migration Manual (Adobe PDF)
What is UPB?
a technology that provides an inexpensive and reliable solution for residential and commercial powerline communications applications. While other powerline communcations technologies exist, none compare to UPB in cost per node, functionality and reliability.
Advantages of UPB?
Highly Reliable - The UPB method of communication is 100 ~ 1000 times more reliable than current X-10 technology and 10 ~100 times more reliable than CEBUS or LONWORKS powerline technologies. Reliability is defined as the percentage of transmitter/receiver pairs that correctly operate upon initial installation. The UPB test units are randomly installed in the environment typical of the target market. This market is defined as the single-family residential market in the US . This environment is defined to be the existing base of homes, without any modifications. This means that there should be no "fixing" the electrical system of the residence by adding couplers, repeaters or filtering. The first version of UPB will be over 99.9% reliable (>100 times X-10). Current X-10 is around 70%~80%.
No New Wires – 100% powerline communication, no new wires.
Affordable - The incremental cost to add two way communications transmitting and receiving components to a microprocessor-based application circuit is approximately the same as the cost to add X-10 type transmitting / receiving components. This cost is less than $4.00 in US parts and anticipated royalty costs.
Higher Speed – 20 to 40 times the speed of X- 10 in terms of data transmitted. This is equivalent to over ten full commands per second. The average latency of command to action is less than .1 second.
Two Way Communications – Hardware, software and protocol design allow for two-way communication in all products.
House Separation – Multiple houses on one transformer will be separated by means of an addressing scheme allowing for at least 256 systems (houses) on each transformer. UPB system incorporates over 64,000 total address space vs 256 for conventional X-10. There will also be applicable encryption incorporated into the DLL layer and if necessary at the higher network layers.
Interaction – UPB communication can be used in the presence of all X-10, CEBus, or LonWorks compatible equipment with no interference between either UPB equipment or X-10, CEBus, or LonWorks equipment. The UPB technology uses a completely different frequency range than any of the wide-band, narrow-band, or spread spectrum technologies. The physical method of UPB communication is entirely different than the modulation-demodulation techniques of all X-10, CEBus, or LonWorks.
Peer to Peer – No central controller necessary for single point-to-point control or group (scene) control.
Simplicity – the UPB solution uses "off the shelf" components for transmission, receiving and control circuits, including standard microprocessors. No ASIC's (application specific integrated circuits) are necessary.
Unavailable/discontinued items are listed below for your reference.