Evolve Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat allows you to remotely control all thermostat functions with Z-Wave
With Z-Wave wireless technology, the Evolve Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat offers full, reliable remote control over most HVAC systems. All thermostat functions can be controlled wirelessly with any standard Z-Wave controller. If you forget to change your thermostat settings before crawling into bed, no problem - just reach for your Z-Wave remote! This is heating and cooling convenience at its finest.
- Remote control of all thermostat functions via Z-Wave
- Works with standard or heat pump HVAC systems
- Programmable 7-day schedule, up to 4 events
- Backlit LCD graphical display (128x64)
- Wall-mounts or installs in a single-gang box
In addition to Z-Wave wireless communication, this Evolve thermostat offers advanced features to give you even greater control over your home’s heating and cooling. With its 7-day scheduler, you can program up to four automatic events per day. The fan cycler feature allows automatic on/off switching for fans, providing continuous ventilation of fresh air.
Backlit LCD User Interface
Manual control is intuitive and aesthetically pleasing with the thermostat’s backlit LCD user interface (128x64) and six labelled buttons. Through the graphical display, you can easily raise and lower temperatures, set schedules, program temperature setpoints, switch between system modes and more. Of course, all of these changes can also be made remotely with a Z-Wave controller!
Stable Heating and Cooling
To ensure even heating and cooling cycles, the thermostat implements a Minimum Run Time (MRT), which keeps the HVAC system running until the MRT expires, even if the system reaches your temperature setpoint. Furthermore, an adjustable Minimum OFF Time (MOT) prevents rapid heating and cooling cycles while providing "short cycle protection" for compressor calls.
The Evolve Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat features four standard operating modes (Off, Auto, Heat, Cool), as well as one special mode (EHEAT), which helps protect the HVAC system in heat pump applications. EHEAT mode disables the compressor output and allows the auxiliary heat to be activated first.
Simple Installation and Maintenance
The thermostat can be wall-mounted or installed in a single-gang junction box. Power is delivered through both 24VAC (R) and 24VAC common (C) wires from the HVAC system. To help you maintain your HVAC system, the Evolve Z-Wave Communicating Thermostat alerts you with maintenance and filter service indicators.
NOTE: This thermostat is not for use in line voltage applications that require 120/240VAC control.
HVAC System Compatibility
- Central HVAC systems or separate heating/cooling systems with separate RH/RC transformers (split)
- Standard gas/electric HVAC Systems: 2-stage heating, 2-stage cooling
- Heat Pump HVAC Systems: 3-stage heating, 2-stage cooling
- Fan system: Selectable for gas or electric heat systems.
- Heat Pump Changeover valve (reversing valve): Selectable for changeover with heat or change over with cool (O or B output)
- Emergency Heat: In heat pump mode, Emergency Heat mode is selectable from the thermostat
- Supported Networks: Z-Wave
- Frequency : 908.42 MHz
- Power Requirements: Requires both 24VAC (R) and 24VAC common (C) wires from the HVAC System
- Dimensions: 4.5(H) x 5.75(W) x 1(D) inches
- Weight: 0.51 pounds
- Remote Sensors: Supports up to two indoor remote sensors. Remote sensor can replace internal sensor or provide averaging.
- Wiring Requirements: 18 AWG; Uses standard thermostat connections