Kwikset SmartCode 914 Z-Wave Deadbolt with Home Connect creates a new, smarter way to connect to your home with Home Connect Technology. This technology works by allowing your front door lock to wirelessly talk to other things in your house, such as the security system, lighting, thermostat, and entertainment system.
Imagine locking your door from your cell phone or receiving a text message letting you know your child just got home from school. Home Connect Technology has the power to make it happen.
Secure your home with a smart lock by installing the Kwikset SmartCode 914 Series Z-Wave Deadbolt. This deadbolt features an 11-button backlit keypad for coded entry, as well as Z-Wave technology to communicate with other Z-Wave devices in your home. When you arrive home, punch in your code to unlock the door and automatically set up your home just the way you like it. Z-Wave also supports remote control, so you can lock/unlock your door from anywhere in the world!
- Lock/unlock door via keypad, remote, or turnkey
- BumpGuard prevents lock bumping (picking)
- Sleek metal construction for reliable security
- Reduced interior size for enhanced aesthetics
- Tamper-resistant interior cover
Available Colors: Polished Brass, Satin Nickel, Venetian Bronze
914 Series Features
The wireless 914 Series Z-Wave Deadbolt supports up to 30 different user access codes, allowing family, friends, and temporary guests to enter their own codes and benefit from personalized Z-Wave settings (if connected to a Z-Wave network). Codes are easily created and deleted, so you can give temporary access to housesitters, maintenance workers, etc. New to the 914 Series is the MasterCode option, which allows you to give one user complete control over the system and prevent other users from adding or deleting codes.
The deadbolt operates on a one-touch motorized locking mechanism to enable remote locking and unlocking. Use a Z-Wave controller or a smartphone app to lock/unlock your door from anywhere.
A backup keyway allows you to lock/unlock the door manually with a turnkey, the same way you would use a key with a traditional deadbolt. To protect against lock bumping (type of lock picking), the 914 Series deadbolt features BumpGuard, a patented side locking bar that replaces the traditional pin and tumbler locking mechanism.
Additionally, the 914 deadbolt's new tapered design offers enhanced compatibility with misaligned doors. Even if your door is a little off kilter, you will be able to lock the deadbolt without having to pull and push the door repeatedly to shut it.
- Replaces existing door hardware with a screwdriver
- No hard wiring needed
- Z-Wave wireless protocol
- BHMA Grade 2 Certified
- 20 Minute Fire Rating - UL Certified
- Full 128-bit encryption security
Smart Code Electronic Locks
With your own personal code, you can enter your home with just a few simple pushes of a button and lock it with just one. You also get more control over who has access to your home. Just assign a temporary code and delete it when you see fit. Now you can totally eliminate the need for keys. SmartCode is easy to install, program and use and operates on 4 AA batteries.
Home Connect Technology
Kwikset's Home Connect Technology allows your front door lock to talk to other things in your house, such as the security system, lighting, thermostat and entertainment system - all through wireless Z-Wave.
A new, smarter way to connect to your home:
- Lock or unlock doors with a mobile device or secure Internet connection
- Check lock status remotely
- Receive notification and/or video of who enters your home
- Remotely add or delete access codes
Integrate with security systems:
- Lock doors when system is armed
- Disarm Security System when door is unlocked
- Communicate door lock status
Integrate with home control systems:
- Lock doors with handheld remote, touch screen or smart phone
- Customize lighting scenes upon unlocking the main entry door or garage entry door
- Ability to limit access for users to specific times and/or days of the week
- Ability to provide temporary access to friends and house sitters
NOTE: Requires a Z-Wave network controller, sold separately.
- Function: Single cylinder deadbolt
- Power Source: 4 AA batteries
- Battery Life: Approx. 1 year
- Door Prep: 2-1/8 inches diameter face hole and 1-inch diameter latch hole
- Backset: Adjustable 2-3/8 inches or 2-3/4 inches
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8 to 2 inches automatic adjustment
- Faceplates: 1 x 2-1/4 inches round corner standard
- Strikes: Round corner strike 2-3/4 x 2-1/8 inches
- Latch: Round corner adjustable 2-3/8 x 2-3/4 inches
- Bolt: 1" throw, steel deadbolt
- Door Handing: Reversible
- Cylinder: SmartKey
- Wireless Protocol: Z-Wave; lock complies with Z-Wave standard of open air, line of sight transmission of 65 feet.