Linear 4-Portal Access Controller is a 4 door primary access control device.
The Linear 4-Portal Access Controller is designed for use as a primary access control device for gated communities, parking garages, office buildings, apartments, dormitories, hotels/motels, commercial buildings and recreational facilities.
Housed in a lockable, plastic enclosure, the AM3Plus features a 2-digit LED display, nine status indicators, four relay indicators with four relay activation pushbuttons. Three programming buttons, a reset button, and a power indicator are present. The enclosure is monitored with a magnetic tamper switch.
The system controls its four output relays by responding to various input devices that react to proximity cards, transmitters, and entry codes. The four relay output channels can be programmed to control electric door strikes, magnetic locks, door & gate operators, or barrier gates.
Access is granted or denied depending on the current user’s authorization to gain access and system settings that control groups of users or all users. Complete access control event logging, access time restriction, access location restriction, and administration functions are also available to manage the installation.
For easy programming, the AM3Plus contains Linear’s built-in browser-based AXNET software. The system can be programmed and maintained from any computer worldwide, without using dedicated computer software. The AM3Plus is also compatible with Linear’s powerful AccessBase2000 dedicated access control PC software.
The AM3Plus is network ready. AM3Plus units can be interconnected with Linear’s AE1000Plus and AE2000Plus Telephone Entry Systems through a 3-wire RS-485 or modem network. The AM3Plus can be used in networks with the legacy AM-3, AE-1000, and AE-2000 Telephone Entry Systems in installations programmed with AccessBase2000 software only.
Two sets of Wiegand inputs are available for connection to 26, 30, or 31-bit Wiegand devices (card readers, etc.). Two sets of PBUS inputs are available for connection to Linear’s line of remote accessories.
- Full control of 4 doors; each supporting request to exit and door status monitoring
- Direct input for 2 card readers; add AM-CRI’s for more
- Local programming using a PC
- Remote programming using a PC (optional Model ACM-1 modem required)
- Relay auto lock/unlock schedules
- Automatic door relock when door sense input is used
- Extensive ESD and lightning protection of all inputs and outputs
- Cabinet tamper switch included; tamper events are tracked in the event log.
- All data memory is non-volatile FLASH with data retention in excess of 10 years
- RF frequency: 318 MHz
- 11.5" W x 12.5" H x 4" D
Capabilities with AXNET Programming
- Programming using any PC and Internet browser software
- Up to 2,000 cardholders
- Up to 24 card blocks with up to 1,600 cards each (38,400 total)
- Up to 2,000 individually enrolled cards
- Up to 24 transmitter blocks with up to 1,600 transmitters each (38,400 total)
- Up to 2,000 individually enrolled transmitters
- Up to 2,000 key codes
- Up to 2,000 telephone directory codes (when networked with AE1000Plus or AE2000Plus telephone entry system)
- 2,500 event log entries per unit
- Up to 8 access time zones
- Up to 4 PBUS devices per unit
Capabilities with AccessBase2000 Programming
- Programming using a dedicated PC and AccessBase2000 software
- Up to 10,000 cardholders grouped in sets
- Up to 24 card blocks with up to 1,900 cards each (45,600 total)
- Up to 20,000 individually enrolled cards
- Up to 24 transmitter blocks with up to 1,900 transmitters each (45,600 total)
- Up to 20,000 individually enrolled transmitters
- Up to 20,000 entry codes for cardholders
- Up to 10,000 telephone directory codes for cardholders (when networked with AE1000Plus, AE-1000, AE2000Plus, or AE-2000 telephone entry system)
- 20,000 event log entries per unit
- Up to 31 access time zones
- Up to 6 PBUS devices per unit