Outdoor Motion Detector with Pyro-Elements
Optex designed these HX series motion detectors to outperform standard outdoor sensors in both false alarm and missed alarm reduction. With superior detection accuracy and an outdoor design, the Wireless High Mount Outdoor PIR Motion Detector is perfect for high-end applications where severe environmental changes require enhanced performance.
- 40-foot, 85-degree wide coverage
- Both upper and lower detection areas have to be activated
- Vegetation sway analysis logic prevents grass from triggering alarms
- Inovonics EchoStream wireless transmitter and batteries installed
Pyro-element technology provides multiple pattern detection areas with 94 high-density detection zones. The detector also features a discrimination function for spot temperature changes of moving objects, further enhancing alarm accuracy.
Not all outdoor ground is flat like most indoor environments. Steep slopes can negatively affect a motion sensor's catch performance. The Wireless High Mount Outdoor PIR Motion Detector comes with an adjustable bracket to help you maintain optimal catch performance in spite of sloped ground.
Pyro-Elements Detection Technology
Optex developed pyro-elements to create unique area configurations with 94 high-density detection zones. Upper and lower detection areas must be activated in order to trigger an alarm, preventing false alarms caused by pets or small animals.
Dual Signal Processing Circuit
Advanced temperature compensation logic automatically increases the detector's sensitivity, especially where the background temperature ranges from approximately 59 to 94 degrees F (25 to 40 degrees C), close to that of the human body. Additionally, summer night compensation logic is effective for severe environmental conditions such as summer evenings and nights. The detector also measures luminance levels as the environment changes and allows sensitivity to automatically sharpen as conditions demand.
Vegetation Sway Analysis
The motion detector monitors wave changes and automatically cancels any signal caused by swaying grass or other foliage by determining the increase of distinctive wave changes.
- Main unit
- Battery Leads
- Alarm Cables
- Area Masking Seals
- Detection Method: Passive infrared
- Anti-Masking: Yes
- PIR Coverage: 40 feet (12m), 85° wide, 94 zones
- PIR Distance Limit: 13' 1", 18' 1", 29' 6" (4m, 5.5m, 9m)
- Detectable Speed: 1 foot to 14 feet 1 inch per second (0.33 to 1.5 m/s)
- Sensitivity: 3.6° F (2° C) at 0.6 m/s
- Power Input: 3 to 7.2VDC Lithium battery (CR123 x 3, CR2 x 3, 1/2AA x 3, 1/2AA x 6)
- Operating Voltage: 2.5 to 9VDC
- Current Draw: 30 uA (standby), 4mA (max) at 3VDC
- Alarm Period: 2 ± 1 second
- Warm-Up Period: approx. 90 seconds (LED blinks)
- Alarm Output: Form C - Solid State Switch - 10 VDC 0.01A max
- Tamper Output: Form C 28 VDC, 0.1A max. Activates when cover removed.
- Trouble Output: N.C./N.O. Selectable - Solid State Switch - 10 VDC 0.01A max
- Aux Input: N.C. 28 VDC, 0.1A (max)
- LED Indicator
- Disable: During normal operation
- Enable: During WALK TEST or LED SW on
- Red: Warm-up, Alarm, Trouble, Low battery
- RF Interference: No alarm 10V/m
- Operating Temperature: -4 to 140° F (-20 to 60° C)
- Environment Humidity: 95% max.
- Weatherproof: IP55
- Mounting: Wall
- Mounting Height: 8 feet, 2 inches to 9 feet, 10 inches (2.5 to 3 m)
- Bracket Adjust Angle
- Vertical: ±20°
- Horizontal: ±95°
- Weight: 21.2 ounces (600 g)