OPTEX's outdoor detection offers many advantages for your business. The LX-402/802 is not only simple to install, but provides greater reliability against false alarms caused by sunlight.
Conventional outdoor passive infrared detectors often produce false alarms caused by sunlight. But, OPTEX's LX-402/802 employs Double Conductive Shielding which resists more than 50,000 lux of sunlight (e.g. during sunrises and sunsets). This provides highly stable performances, while allowing the units to be used in many different applications.
Optex’s LX-402 and LX-802N are ideal for outdoor annunciation, activation, and automation applications. Available in 40'x49' or 80'x6' patterns, these detectors feature special UV resistant lenses and casings for outdoor use. LX Detectors also feature an easy Pet Alley adjustment, selectable sensitivity and pulse count, extra strong sunlight & RFI Immunity, built-in photocell, and Form C relay output.
- Detection Method: Passive Infrared
- Detection Area: 40 x 50 feet (12 x 15 m) 120° wide
- Multi-level area: 40 zones
- Pet alley area: 18 zones
- Multi-level area: 8.3 feet (2.5 m)
- Pet alley area: 4 to 5 feet (1.2 to 1.5 m)
- Detection Speed: 1 to 3.3 feet/second (0.3 to 1.0 m/sec.)
- Sensitivity Adjustment: Selectable 3 position (H, M, L)
- LED Indicator: LED lights during detection
- Alarm Period: 2 seconds ±1 sec. (delay timer)
- Alarm Output: NC. NO. 28VDC 0.2A max.
- Tamper Switch: Opens when cover removed.
- Pulse Count: 2 (20 ±5 sec.) or TEST (1 pulse)
- Day/Night Mode Adjustment: Approx. 10 to 100,000 lux
- Warm-Up Period: Approx. 60 seconds
- Power Input: 10.8 to 13.2V DC
- Current Draw: 25mA max.
- Installation Place: Wall (indoor/outdoor)
- Operating Temperature: -20° to 50°C (-4° to 122°F)
- Environmental Humidity: 95 percent max.
- Weight: 6 ounces (170g)
- IP Rating: IP54
- Accessory: Masking strips (LX-402 only), mounting screw, sponge