Add a motor to your present drapery or vertical blinds without modification.
Here are 4 reasons why our customers love this product.
- It adds convenience you'll enjoy everyday
- It offers home security when you are away
- It saves energy to lower utility bills
- It adds affordable luxury
When you travel on vacation you can plug the motor into your a lamp timer switch. Then, your window covering will automatically open each morning and close at night for a natural look that can enhance your home security. Some customers like this feature so much that they leave the motor plugged into a timer. This adds convenience because automatic operation eliminates the daily chore of manually opening and closing the window covering. It can also dramatically reduce heating and air-conditioning bills, and prevent sun-fading of floors, carpets, furnishings.
Add-A-Motor's Automatic Drapery Opener (ADO) provides an economical way to open and close your draperies and vertical blinds.
Installation takes about 15 minutes! The motor attaches to the loop end of your window covering cord or chain without modification. The motor has a loop-end system for cord or ballchain; no need to cut or replace drapery cords. It can traverse drapery or vertical blinds up to 12' wide (center opening) and 10' wide one-way opening.Stop positions are independently adjustable: all the way open, all the way closed, and all in between.
Expand the system functionality by using the motor with an ordinary lamp timer switch or various wireless remote controllers.
- Timer Control Option: Plug the motor into a basic lamp timer switch. Your window covering then automatically open and close on a schedule. It gives an "at-home" look that can enhance your home security; this also adds convenience, and automatic operation eliminates the daily chore of manually opening and closing the window covering. The timer is optional, and is available at most hardware and retail stores.
- Remote Control Option: Add-A-Motor recommends adding the Skylink SW18 Remote Control Kit (includes a remote control transmitter and wireless receiver). The Add-A-Motor drapery motors plugs into the Skylink receiver. The receiver plugs into a standard wall outlet. You can then open and close your drapes with a simple push of a button on the remote transmitter.
Simply plug the motor into your own lamp timer switch, and it automatically opens your window covering each morning and closes it at night. This gives an at-home look for added security when you are away.
Child Protection Features
The Model 80 satisfies the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) guideline to eliminate exposure to cord or chain loops. It meets the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) guideline for an affixed taper resistant device to secure cords and chains in a taut position. Motor run time limited to approximately 40 seconds. Safety guard and sensor can automatically interrupt or prevent operation. Manual switch can instantly stop motor. Low voltage design (12-volts DC) and approved AC-DC Adapter. Remote control UL Listed and meets FCC guidelines.
Serious convenience... and the end of remote control musical chairs!
Relax in front of TV, channel surf, watch a movie, and control window coverings in any part of the house. The new Butler Super-Remote can control several Model 800DR Motors, and any brand TV, VCR, DSS satellite and cable box. Simply irresistible!
Note: This motor is for indoor use only and must NOT be used to operate a chicken coop door. Other use will invalidate manufacturer's warranty. If you need a motor for your chicken coop door, please use Add-A-Motor part AM-D20
- Affordable and easy to install.
- Quiet motor.
- Automatic stops at full open and closed positions. Can also stop at any intermediate position.
- In event of a power failure, motor can be disengaged to permit manual operation of the drapery
- Ideal for home theater curtains, living room drapery, dining rooms, bedrooms, dens, over patio doors, church baptisteries, convention booth curtains, hotels, much more.
- AC-DC adapter with 6 foot cord is included.
- Open-close up to 15 feet wide
- Center-open up to 30 feet
- Fabric weights up to 60 pounds
Motorize Vertical Blinds
- Rotate or Traverse
- Two motors can rotate and traverse
- Rotate to virtually any angle
- Traverse up to 15 feet wide
- Center-open up to 30 feet
Easy to Install
The Model 800DR attaches to the loop-end of any size cord, or metal or plastic bead-chain, without modification. Simply remove the cord pulley from your drapery or vertical blind cord. The motor fits in the cord loop without modification. Chain connector can pass through motor without affecting operation. Attach motor to wall with included hardware - no drilling! Plug-in and it's ready to use.