A smaller and more reliable door/window sensor
Monitor whether a door, window, or other object is open or closed using the Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor, G2. This intelligent Z-Wave sensor sends information to your Z-Wave network to trigger events upon activation. For example, your sensor may be programmed to trigger an alarm (sold separately) if a window is opened.
- Fantastic wireless range - The Door & Window Sensor is completely wireless. Despite its small size, it's powerfully so. It uses a special Z-Wave wireless signal that aims to cause no interference with other technologies in your home. That same wirless signal is ultra-low power, helping the battery last for years. And it does all of this with an antenna that can communicate over 300 foot / 90 metres in an open space.
- Small in size - It attaches to your doors. It attaches to your windows. And, despite its beautiful curves, you don't want to notice it. You want the Door & Window sensor to blend in, to become part of your home's décor. That's why we've made the 2nd generation sensor smaller than the first. We've reduced all its measurements without reducing its functionality. It's smaller still, and it just looks better.
- Simple DIY installation - The Door & Window Sensor is light. So light, in fact, that you can install it using only double sided sticky tape. Of course, there are other options, including screws. And you'll find them all in the packet. All you'll need is a screw driver and five minutes of your day.
- Batteries that last - Changing batteries is inconvenient. Forgetting to change batteries on a sensor that can be used for security can be dangerous. That's why we designed the Door & Window Sensor to use as little power as possible, with an average of 2 years passing before you need to change its batteries.
- Security - Compatible with Z-Wave security systems, Aeotec's Door & Window Sensor can do more than protect your home's points of entry - it can protect itself. With its inbuilt tamper detection, the sensor is able to monitor for thieves attempting to interfere with it. And when they do, the sensor will automatically set off an alarm. Prevention is better than cure.
The door/window sensor consists of two components: the main sensor, which mounts on the frame, and the smaller magnet, which mounts on the door/window itself. When the two parts are separated and/or joined again, the sensor sends Z-Wave commands to your Z-Wave network.
Second Generation Enhancements
As part of Aeon Labs' Generation 2 series, the G2 Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor is smaller and more reliable than the original model. The integrated antenna supports wireless communication up to 300 feet away from your Z-Wave controller or gateway. The sensor's compact, sleek design helps it blend into your decor without sacrificing functionality. The sensor is also lightweight enough to install using double-sided tape (screws optional).
The sensor also features built-in tamper detection to automatically alert you if a thief is trying to bypass your security system. Additionally, low battery detection automatically warns you when it's almost time to replace the sensor's battery.
- Wireless Range: 300 feet (90 m) line of sight
- Max. Gap: 2 cm
- Size: 2 x 3.4 x 7.9 cm (main body of the sensor)
- Battery Type: CR2 battery
- Battery Life: 2 years
- Certifications: FCC, CE, C-TICK, and ROHS
What's in the box:
- Door/Window Sensor
- Double-Sided Tape
- Mounting Screws