- Entertainment & Audio Distribution
- Remote Control Extenders & IR Distribution Systems
- Channel Vision Coax IR Starter Kit
Single room system
Channel Vision's IR-4500 IR over coax kit transforms your existing coax wiring into a wholehouse IR infrastructure. These kits make ordering easy by giving you everything you need in one box. Use the IR-4500 starter kit for a 1-room system.
- IR Coax Engine (IR-4000)
- IR Coax Receiver ( IR-4100)
- Dual IR Emitter (IR-3002)
- Power Supply
How does it work?In a basic system setup, the IR receiver and coax IR adapter are connected to the end of the coax at a TV location, while the coax IR engine is connected to the opposite end of the same coax cable. The IR emitter and power supply connect to the coax IR engine. When the IR receiver detects a signal from an IR remote control, the signal is translated into electrical pulses that are placed on the coax by the IR coax adaptor. At the opposite end, the coax IR engine decodes the electrical pulses and sends them to the IR emitter that transforms them back into IR pulses that can be recognized by the entertainment device you are trying to control.
Please note, once the IR signal is put onto your coaxial lines with the Engine, you must use DC Passing devices to split or amplify that signal. You must also NOT terminate (into a TV, DVR, Cable Box, Etc) the line containing the IR signal unless you first use a DC Blocker OR install a Receiver before the termination.
- Creates an IR system with existing wiring
- Quick and easy installation
- Creates an IR system with existing TV coax wiring
- Power 8 IR receivers with one power supply