Speak With Visitors At Your Door Using Your Telephone
You can answer your door or gate by phone when you install the DoorBell Fon DP28 Door Answering System (2-Gang Masonry Box Mount). This complete kit comes with an intercom station that installs near your door and a control unit that connects the door station to your telephone. When a visitor presses the button on the door station, your phone rings and you can answer to talk with your visitor.
- Door station triggers phone to ring when visitor presses button
- Landline phone service is not required
- Station mounts into a 2-gang masonry box
- Simple, sleek door station design
- Controller supports up to two door stations
Available Colors: Aluminum, Black, Brass, or Bronze
The Heart of the System
The Doorbell Fon Main Controller is the base unit for the Doorbell Fon Answering System. When the button on the Door Station is pushed by a visitor, the Controller signals your phone to ring with a distinct tone that is different from a regular voice call. No programming or codes are needed. Just answer the telephone like you would for a regular call.
The control unit requires connection to only one incoming line and one door station. A second door station may be added to the controller to operate another entryway. The controller installs using a single pair of wire for power, control, signaling and voice. Any add-on components install on the same single pair.
DP28 Door Station
The DoorBell Fon DP28 Door Station installs near a door and triggers your phone to ring when a visitor presses the button. Designed for new construction, all F-Series Door Stations mount into a 2-gang masonry box.
You can daisy-chain multiple controllers together to support additional Door Stations, if needed. With optional accessories (not included), you can also expand functionality of your Doorbell Fon system. Optional accessories include:
- Inbound Trigger Relay (DP29-CI): Triggers external devices when a visitor presses the Door Station button. Can trigger external door chimes, cameras, lights, etc.
- Telephone Keypad Relay Trigger (DP29-SW): Triggers an electronic door strike, allowing the user to unlock a door via telephone.
- Doorbell Fon Main Controller
- DP28 Door Station, 2-Gang Masonry Box Mount
NOTE: Requires a telephone, not included. Landline phone service is NOT required.
- Power Requirements: 117VAC/60Hz, 0.1A, 12 Watts
- Fuse 1: 250 VA, 0.5A
- Fuse 2: 250 VA, 0.25A
- Output: 17-28VDC (Voice), 750Vrms/25 ±2Hz (Ringing)
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 120° F
- Dimensions: 5.8125 x 3.875 x 1.75 inches
- Weight: 2.1 pounds
DP28 Door Station (2-Gang Masonry Box Mount)
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 4.5 x 1.625 inches
- Size: 2-gang
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
- Frequency Response: 400~2.8kHz
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Peak Power: 0.25W
- Diameter: 2.25 inches
- Microphone Frequency Response: 200~6.8kHz