ElkRM PC Edition Remote Management software runs as an executable program on virtually any personal computer or Pocket PC running the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. It provides a powerful graphic user interface to an M1 or EZ8 system. It allows the control of many aspects of the M1 or EZ8 system including security, lighting, climate, tasks, outputs, etc.
ElkRM Remote Management software can connect to the control through an Ethernet network or direct through the control's main serial port (serial connection should not exceed 50 ft.). Multiple connections can be established through the Ethernet network, while connection through the control's main serial port allows only a single connection. Ethernet connectivity requires the ELK-M1XEP Ethernet Interface to be installed and properly configured on the system.
- Powerful Graphic User Interface allows control of security, lighting, climate, tasks, outputs, etc.
- Easily Customizable to show/hide GUI items listed above
- Appearance of GUI is fully customizable
- Self Update Function (requires high speed Internet connection)
- Synchronize option simplifies page setup
- Up to 30 simultaneous connections over the local network
IMPORTANT: ElkRM does not currently support SSL (encrypted) secure connections. As such, ElkRM cannot be used outside the local network without opening (port forwarding) the non-secure, unencrypted port. Connecting to ElkRM outside the local network using the non-secure port is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED, due to the obvious security issue this presents.
When Ordering ElkRM Please Note: The ElkRM PC Edition requires a product key license to obtain full functionality with a control. A product key license may be purchased through your Authorized Elk Reseller. The serial number from the control must be provided to the reseller when ordering. Until a product key has been purchased and entered into ElkRM, it will run in DEMO mode, allowing only limited functionality.
- Supported Operating Systems (PC): Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 (Service Pack 3) , XP Home & Pro (Service Pack 2) , or Server 2003
- Supported Operating Systems (Mobile Devices): Windows Mobile Software for Pocket PC 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0 for PocketPC and Smartphone, or Windows CE .NET 5.0 and higher. (Microsoft ActiveSync required for installation)
- Computing Device running Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework
- Total Disk Space Requirements: 285 MB (280 MB for .NET 2.0 and 5 MB for ElkRM)
- Memory Requirements: Minimum 64 MB RAM
- Screen Resolution: 640 x 480
- Internet Explorer 5.01 or later
Microsoft .NET Framework