- Entertainment & Audio Distribution
- Remote Control Extenders & IR Distribution Systems
- Global Cache IR Learner
Global Caché's GC-IRL IR Learner is a must-have tool for every dealer, installer, and home automation enthusiast. The compact GC-IRL is used with a PC to learn the full spectrum, 30KHz to 500KHz, of IR codes that control infrared driven equipment. When used in conjunction with the free GC-IRL Utility the learned code is displayed, converted into other formats, and automatically copied into the Windows clipboard, which can then be pasted into any Windows application to facilitate quick database and/or spreadsheet creation and updating. The stored codes can be used to control and automate any device that accepts infrared control signals, from any networked computer, and over the Internet. The GC-IRL power is supplied by the RTS line of the serial port and requires no external power supply.
Home automation installers can use the Global Caché IR Learner to learn the full IR code spectrum (30KHz to 500KHz) using a PC. Once the codes are stored, you can use them on a networked computer or online to control any component that accepts IR commands. The IR Learner is perfect for use with Global Caché's line of iTach products.
- Learns the full spectrum of IR codes
- Captures IR commands from remote controls
- Plugs into the serial port on a PC
- Software converts and stores codes
The IR Learner plugs into your PC at the serial port, or into a USB port with a USB to Serial Cable (sold separately). Power is supplied to the learner by the RTS line of the serial port. The device is used with the included software on CD, which allows you to store IR commands on the computer.
Once the IR Learner is setup with the software, you can point an IR remote control at the learner and push buttons to begin capturing IR codes. Codes will be displayed, converted into different formats, and automatically copied into the Windows clipboard. You can paste the codes into any Windows application to quickly create and updates a database and/or spreadsheet.
- IR Learner
- IR Learner Utility CD
IMPORTANT NOTE: Global Caché products are not available to ship outside the U.S. Please contact Global Caché directly for international orders.
- Used with the free GC-IRL Windows PC Utility software, this product learns IR codes that are transmitted from IR devices such as remote controls
- Power is provided by the RTS line of the serial port. Requires no external power supply
- Supports the full IR frequency spectrum from 30 to 500 KHz
- Connector is a female DB9, RS232 configured to connect to a standard PC serial port
- Weatherproof Color Camera
- High quality 1/4" Panasonic CCD sensor
- Auto Back Light Compensation
- Auto Electronic Shutter
- Easy to Install
- Image Sensor: Panasonic 1/4" CCD
- Picture Elements: NTSC: 510x492
- Resolution: 420 TV lines
- S/N Ratio: More than 48 dB
- Min Illumination: 0.92 LUX @ F1.40
- Electronic Shutter: Automatic
- Gain Control: Automatic
- Auto White Balance: Color Temperature: 2500K-9500K
- Gamma Characteristic: 0.45
- Camera Lens: 3.6mm
- Sync. System: Internal, Negative sync.
- Power Requirements: 12VDC
- Power Consumption: 3.5W (maximum)
- Video Output: 1 Vp-p @ 75 ohms
- Operating Temp: -10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)