The Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Touchscreen Deadbolt combines all the features of the popular 914 Series deadbolt with a new, capacitive touchscreen keypad for a sleeker appearance and a more modern interface.
Designed to allow fast code entry, the touchscreen is exceptionally responsive, detecting every touch. With just the touch of your fingertip, you can "wake up" the touchscreen, then immediately type in your entry code and listen to the door automatically unlock! The cool white LED display provides crisp LED illumination for easy use in the dark.
- Lock/unlock door via touchscreen keypad, remote, or turnkey
- "Random digit generator" ensures codes are not identifiable by fingerprints
- Dedicated lock button provides fast, one-touch locking
- BumpGuard prevents lock bumping (picking)
- Reduced interior size and sleek metal construction
- Tamper-resistant interior cover
Available Colors: Satin Nickel, Polished Brass, Venetian Bronze
This deadbolt features a 12-button touchscreen for coded entry, as well as Z-Wave technology to communicate with other Z-Wave devices in your home. When you arrive home, punch in your code to unlock the door and automatically set up your home just the way you like it. Z-Wave also supports remote control, so you can lock/unlock your door from anywhere in the world!
- Replaces existing door hardware with a screwdriver
- No hard wiring needed
- Z-Wave wireless protocol
- BHMA Grade 2 Certified
- 20 Minute Fire Rating - UL Certified
- Full 128-bit encryption security
916 Series Features
The wireless 916 Series Z-Wave Deadbolt supports up to 30 different user access codes, allowing family, friends, and temporary guests to enter their own codes and benefit from personalized Z-Wave settings (if connected to a Z-Wave network). Codes are easily created and deleted, so you can give temporary access to housesitters, maintenance workers, etc. Also featured in the 916 Series is the MasterCode option, which allows you to give one user complete control over the system and prevent other users from adding or deleting codes.
The deadbolt operates on a one-touch motorized locking mechanism to enable remote locking and unlocking. Use a Z-Wave controller or a smartphone app to lock/unlock your door from anywhere.
A backup keyway allows you to lock/unlock the door manually with a turnkey, the same way you would use a key with a traditional deadbolt. To protect against lock bumping (type of lock picking), the 916 Series deadbolt features BumpGuard, a patented side locking bar that replaces the traditional pin and tumbler locking mechanism.
Additionally, the 916 deadbolt’s tapered design offers enhanced compatibility with misaligned doors. Even if your door is a little off kilter, you will be able to lock the deadbolt without having to pull and push the door repeatedly to shut it.
Smart Code Electronic Locks
With your own personal code, you can enter your home with just a few simple pushes of a button and lock it with just one. You also get more control over who has access to your home. Just assign a temporary code and delete it when you see fit. Now you can totally eliminate the need for keys. SmartCode is easy to install, program and use and operates on 4 AA batteries.
Home Connect Technology
Kwikset’s Home Connect Technology allows your front door lock to talk to other things in your house, such as the security system, lighting, thermostat and entertainment system – all through wireless Z-Wave.
A new, smarter way to connect to your home:
- Lock or unlock doors with a mobile device or secure Internet connection
- Check lock status remotely
- Receive notification and/or video of who enters your home
- Remotely add or delete access codes
Integrate with security systems:
- Lock doors when system is armed
- Disarm Security System when door is unlocked
- Communicate door lock status
Integrate with home control systems:
- Lock doors with handheld remote, touch screen or smart phone
- Customize lighting scenes upon unlocking the main entry door or garage entry door
- Ability to limit access for users to specific times and/or days of the week
- Ability to provide temporary access to friends and house sitters
NOTE: Requires a Z-Wave network controller, sold separately.
- MPN: 99160-001 / 99160-002 / 99160-003
- Function: Single cylinder deadbolt
- Power Source: 4 AA batteries
- Battery Life: Approx. 1 year
- Door Prep: 2-1/8 inches diameter face hole and 1-inch diameter latch hole
- Backset: Adjustable 2-3/8 inches or 2-3/4 inches
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8 to 2 inches automatic adjustment
- Cylinder: SmartKey Re-Key Technology
- Faceplates: 1 x 2-1/4 inches round corner standard
- Strikes: Round corner strike 2-3/4 x 2-1/8 inches
- Latch: Round corner adjustable 2-3/8 x 2-3/4 inches
- Bolt: 1" throw, steel deadbolt
- Door Handing: Reversible
- Wireless Protocol: Z-Wave; lock complies with Z-Wave standard of open air, line of sight transmission of 65 feet.
- KS-99160-TCHx Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect Installation Guide
- KS-99160-TCHx Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect Dimensions
- KS-99160-TCHx Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect Trifold
- KS-99160-TCHx Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect Specifications
- KS-99160-TCHx Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect Re-Key Technology Instructions
- KS-99160-TCHx Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect Warranty Information