Leviton Hi-Fi 2 4 Zone, 4 Source Amplifier Only allows you to build a four-zone audio distribution system.
You can build out a four-zone audio distribution system by starting with the HAI/Leviton Hi-Fi 2 4-Zone, 4-Source Amplifier Only as your foundation. This 4-zone model is more compact than its related 8-zone model (sold separately), allowing you to fit the amplifier in a smaller area. You will also save money by investing only in the number of zones you need.
- 4 source, 4 zone distribution hub with all four zones amplified
- Cool-running digital amplification with 40 watts per zone
- Equipped with both serial and Ethernet ports for control
- Free iPhone and Android apps for convenient remote control
The Amplifier is the hub of your system. It connects to in-wall and/or in-ceiling speakers to distribute audio throughout your home. You can also connect in-wall keypads, volume source controls, and Remote Input Modules to control the system and connect external audio sources in any room you choose.
With the Hi-Fi 2 system, you can set each zone to play the same source at the same volume, or you can play different audio sources simultaneously at different volume levels in different locations. Audio sources can be located throughout the house using Remote Input Modules, or sources can be locally connected at the Hi-Fi 2 amplifier.
Powerful Audio Amplification
The cool-running unit uses Class D digital amplification to deliver 40W of sound to each zone (20 watts RMS at 8 ohms per channel), and includes one input for additional amplification. The 8-ohm rating allows reliable power delivery to speakers over long wire runs. A variable line out amplification output is available for zone 1 (in addition to the built-in amps) as well as page/mute and system on jacks.
The amplifier is designed for installation in a Leviton Structured Media Center at half-width. Speakers and other components are connected using Cat5 cable. The Hi-Fi 2 can be used stand-alone, or integrated with a Leviton home automation system for audio automation based on schedule or activity, in addition to announcements/paging.
This 4x4 system provides a maximum of four zones and four sources of audio. The system may be expanded to 16 zones and 8 sources by connecting an Expansion Controller (sold separately).
NOTE: Amplifier only. Requires speakers, sold separately.
Zones 1-4 Power Amplifier Outputs
- Continuous Average Output Power: Two channels driven 20-20kHz at 1 percent THD 40W (20W x 2)
- Rated Distortion (1/2 power): 0.20 percent
- Rated Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Damping Factor: 50+
- Frequency Response (20-20kHz): ±1dB
- Variable Output: 0-600mV
- Impedance: 100 Ohms
Source Inputs 1-4
- Input Impedance: 10K (minimum)
- Input Sensitivity for rated power: 300mV RMS
- Input Overload: 1.7V RMS
- Output Drive Current: 100mA
- Output Drive Voltage: 5V
- System On: 5V at 50mA (Ring = Ground)
- Page/Mute Input: Normally open (close to activate)
- Power Input: 20V 4.5A
- Power Supply Input: 100-240V~2.5A, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption
- All channels driven to full-rated power: 160W
- Average operating conditions: 40W
- No signal: Less than 10W
- Unit Size: 6.38(W) x 7.38(H) x 0.7(D) inches
- Unit Weight: 1 pound
Agency Standing and Compliance
- NOM Certified (#57)
- Complies with FCC part 15, Class B
- LV-95A02-3 Leviton Hi-Fi 2 4 Zone, 4 Source Amplifier Only Installation Manual
- LV-95A02-3 Leviton Hi-Fi 2 4 Zone, 4 Source Amplifier Only User Manual
- LV-95A02-3 Leviton Hi-Fi 2 4 Zone, 4 Source Amplifier Only User Guide
- LV-95A02-3 Leviton Hi-Fi 2 4 Zone, 4 Source Amplifier Only System Catalog
- LV-95A02-3 Leviton Hi-Fi 2 4 Zone, 4 Source Amplifier Only Specifications
- LV-95A02-3 Leviton Hi-Fi 2 4 Zone, 4 Source Amplifier Only Product Bulletin