Leviton UPB Dimmer Wall Switch, 2400W is an HLC Smart Dimmer.
The UPB Wall Switch Dimmer is a high quality 2400 Watt light-switch/dimmer that not only allows for local rocker switch control of a lighting load but also incorporates UPB two-way powerline communication technology that gives it the ability to be remotely controlled by other UPB compatible controllers.
The dimmer is highly configurable to allow for behaviors customized to each individual's desires. It is capable of storing up to 16 preset light levels and fade rates to create powerful lighting scenes. The Dimmer is also capable of transmitting UPB messages (including a current light level report) when rocker switch events occur. This dimmer is capable of being set to a non-dimming mode in order to control such loads as fluorescent lights.
Use the 37A00-1 as an Auxiliary switch.
Available Colors: White or Ivory
Featuring Gen III UPB Technology
Gen III UPB includes improvements to the core UPB technology and better tolerance for power frequency variations and interruptions in the dimmers. Gen III dimmer and non-dimming switches allow the user to configure the device as dimming or non-dimming in the field locally at the switch using the rocker. Dimmer and non-dimming switches now feature an automatic timeout so that the light automatically turns off and an optimized TRIAC drive. Gen III UPB is compatible with all previous generations of UPB products
- Requires a neutral (white) connection wire.
- If you are using a Leviton Security & Automation system with your switch you must install a UPB PIM and cable (36A00-1).
- If you are using the UPStart Configuration software you must install an UPB PIM and cable (36A00-1) and a cable to connect your PIM to a computer (36A05-2).
Factory default configurations:
- Single-Tap to Top Rocker: Brightens the light to 100% (on) at a 0.8 second fade rate
- Single-Tap to Bottom Rocker: Fade the light to 0% (off) at a 1.6 second fade rate
- Double-Tap to Top Rocker: Snaps the light to 100% (on)
- Double-Tap to Bottom Rocker: Snaps the light to 0% (off)
- Hold Top Rocker: Starts brightening the light towards 100% at a 3.3 second fade rate
- Hold Bottom Rocker: Starts dimming the light towards 0% at a 3.3 second fade rate
- Release Top/Bottom Rocker: Stops brightening/dimming light.
- Passed extensive testing and industry standards, such as UL, CE and Energy Star.
- Has many configurable items that can be set using the UPB UPStart configuration software
- Incandescent Loads Dimming: Yes
- Inductive Loads Dimming: Yes
- Fluorescent Loads Non-dimming: Yes (configurable)
- Power Maximum Dimming: 2400W / 2400VA
- Current Maximum Non-dimming: 20 A
- Connections: 12 GA
- LED Indicator: Yes
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 4.68 x 4.5 x 1.25 inch
- Weight: 0.7 lb.
- Minimum Load: 60 W
- Input Power: 120 ± 12 VAC
- Input Frequency: 60 ± 3 Hz
- Operating Temp: -40° F to 104° F
- A Phase Coupler is recommended for every HAI Lighting Control (HLC) installation
Compliant with Title 24, an energy code designed to decrease energy consumption through the regulation of approved lighting control devices.