Linear DX Door/Window Transmitter features DX Format Wireless Technology.
The DXT-31 Door/Window Transmitter can be used in a limitless number of wireless remote control applications. Triggering the transmitter with its built-in magnetic switch, an external switch or an external glass break detector sends a digitally coded wireless signal to a wireless receiver or security system panel.
In a typical installation, the magnet is mounted on a door or window and the transmitter is mounted on the frame. When the magnet moves more than 1/2" away from the transmitter, an alarm signal is sent. When the magnet returns next to the unit, a restore signal is sent. Alarms and restores can also be sent from external contacts wired to the terminal block. Pressing the case sends a test transmission that indicates the current state of the contacts.
This transmitter is a battery powered stationary transmitter designed for use with Linear's DX Format receivers. The digital DX code format features over a million possible codes. The DX transmitters are precoded at the factory to unique codes, so no field coding is required. The DXT-31 can send three different codes: alarm, restore and low battery.
The transmitter is powered from two 3-Volt #2032 lithium batteries with an expected battery life of up to 3 years. The red test/operate indicator lights during operation and test. It will blink during operation and test when the batteries are low.
- Alarm, alarm restore, and low battery transmissions
- Includes magnet for internal contact
- Includes mounting shoe
- External Contact Terminals
- DX format
- N/O or N/C input loop circuit
- Powered by 2032 two lithium batteries (included)
- RF frequency: 315 MHz
- 1.6" W x 3.4" H x 1.2" D
A snap-on transmitter mounting plate is provided for easy installation. The magnet has four height positions. An additional snap-on magnet spacer is provided for a total of eight magnet positions.
- Power: Two 3V 2032 lithium batteries (supplied)
- Current Consumption: 8 mA average while transmitting 1 µA standby
- Battery Life: Three years (typical)
- Measured Range: 700 feet in open air, one quadrant; 500 feet minimum in open air (four quadrant test)
- Code Outputs: Alarm, restore, low battery
- External Input Terminals:
- Terminals 1, 2 accept N/C contact devices
- Terminals 2, 3 accept N/O glass break sensors
- Operating Frequency: 315 MHz
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 120° F (0° to 49° C)
- Dimensions: 1.6" W x 3.4" H x 1.2" D (41 x 86 x 30 mm)
Jumper Pin Mode Selection
A three-position terminal block is for connection to normally closed external contacts or a normally open Window Bug type glass break sensor. An internal jumper selects which input to use. Selections are: internal switch only, external switch only, both external and internal switch, and glass break sensor.
- Pins 1, 2: Glass break operation only
- Pins 2, 3: For external contact and glass break operation
- Pins 3, 4: For internal reed switch and glass break operation
- Jumper removed: Internal, external, and glass break operation
Models compatible with the DXT-31
- DXR-701: 1-Channel Receiver
- DXR-702: 2-Channel Receiver
- DXSR-1504: Supervised 4-Channel Receiver
- DXSR-1508: Supervised 8-Channel Receiver