X10 Companion Switch for 3-Way Applications works in conjunction with a variety of master switches to provide multi-switch control for incandescent loads rated 60W to 500W.
Use the X10 Companion Switch for 3-Way Applications with a compatible X10 master switch to create 3- or 4-way light switches.
- Used in 3- or 4-way applications
- Works with an X10 master switch
- Controls incandescents 60W to 500W
- Includes interchangeable paddle covers
The X10 Companion Switch transmits commands to the master switch, which then relays commands to the appropriate X10 receiver. This allows you to use either switch to control a single load. It's perfect for hallways, stairways, and other places where two switches would be convenient.
When creating a three-way application, simply connect the 120VAC to the Companion Switch. Line can come from either wall box in the application and connect to the Traveler, carrying the Line to the other location. Connect the Traveler that carries the Control from Master to the Switch position on the Companion.
When creating a four-way application, simply parallel another Companion Switch across the same two travelers from the Companion location. Connect wires from Switch to Switch and Live to Live, using the feed thru screw terminals.
- Companion Switch
- Interchangeable White/Ivory Paddle Covers
NOTE: Requires an X10 master switch (sold separately) for operation. Will not operate independently. Compatible with WS12A, WS13A, RWS17, XPD3-IW, XPS3-IW, or XPDI3-IW. Wallplate not included.
- Power Load: 120VAC at 60W to 500W
- Compatible Load Type: Incandescent only
- Compatible Master Switches: X10 Models WS12A, WS13A, RWS17, XPD3-IW, XPS3-IW, or XPDI3-IW